Friday, May 17, 2013

Robbin Firth's Felting Classes 2012-2013

As many of you know, I (Robbin Firth) teach wet-felting and nuno-felting classes in the Minneapolis, MN area.  For the past few years, I have been guest-teaching a variety of group classes at local venues like The Textile Center, Phipps Center for the Arts, and a few local yarn shops, including That Yarn Shop in River Falls. Most of my classes are beginner-friendly, in many of the classes you get to go home with a beautiful hand-felted accessory you finish in class, and in ALL of the classes we have a LOT of fun! Starting June 2013, I will also be teaching classes in our brand new retail & teaching studio at 401 Second Street in Hudson, WI. We use the non-rolling method of wet-felting in our classes (it's easier on your body!), and we use our very own hand-crafted Palm Washboard felting tools. Here are just a few of the classes I teach:

  • Silk Bloom Scarf 
  • Lightweight Summer Scarf 
  • Cross Hatch Scarf Class
  • Winter Frost Scarf 
  • Hat on a Ball
  • Felted Boot Cuff
  • Kids Felted Wristlet
  • Wet Felted Christmas Stocking
  • and more!
You can see the list of upcoming classes HERE or contact us anytime.

I want to share photos from a few of my 2012-2013 classes. Don't my students and their felted projects look just beautiful?

Hat-making Class

Cross-Hatch Scarf Class

Silk Ruffle Scarf

More Cross-Hatch Scarves in the making

Hand-Dyed Silk Scarves class

More class photos of my beautiful students and their creations

Everyone's busy working on their felted creations

Please stay tuned for the schedule of classes coming up at the HeartFelt Silks studio in Hudson, WI!

1 comment:

  1. Robbin, if MN were just a little closer, I'd be in one of your classes in a heartbeat. Actually, I'd want some one-on-one instruction! :D

    ReplyDelete